literally everything about Frodo makes me sad and this is getting out of control
Dear angry anons:
It’s okay to be angry at me. Goodness knows I tend to get angry at other people. But sending me angry messages won’t change what I do, so why bother sending them to me?
Anonymous hate can be bullying. I consider your messages thus far harassment more than bullying, but any form of “you’re a disgrace” or “delete your blog” or “I hope you harm/kill yourself” is bullying. Even if you have a whole skeleton of bones to pick with me, there is never a valid reason to send harassing or bullying messages.
Stop accusing me of infringing on people’s First Amendment rights, and stop labeling me as some kind of opinion dictator. Yes, everyone has freedom of speech, and the last time I checked, I was part of the Everyone Circle. I try to avoid comments along the lines of “wow your opinion is stupid” or “okay go off the Internet and don’t come back until you have the right opinion” because I’ve seen responses like that and those responses bother me. I am only offering my own insight, something which I am entitled to do.
I see opinions that I disagree with all the time on my dashboard, but I don’t reblog those opinions. If I see a gifset of something that I don’t like, I don’t reblog the gifset and rant about how much I hate the thing. My “sarcastic ‘OMG AN OPINION’ tag” is not for mocking purposes. I do that so that my opinion doesn’t go into any popular tags. If I mention something that I don’t like about The Hobbit: an Unexpected Journey, I don’t tag “The Hobbit” or “AUJ” or “An Unexpected Journey” or anything like that. Know why? Because I know fans track those tags, and I know they don’t want to see my negativity.
People are entitled to their opinions. If they want to go on an angry rant about something, they have every damn right. But if I see angry, hateful rants against Frodo in the Frodo tag, then I will defend him. Know why? Because I’m entitled to my opinion, too, and because he means the world to me, and because hate about him hurts me more than hate about me.
And you keep telling me to “get over it,” but I’m not the one who’s going out of their way to send anonymous hate. In case you haven’t noticed, all of my defense posts are tagged “Laura scrutinizes the Frodo tag.” If my posts bother you that much, install Tumblr Savior and blacklist that tag. Unfollow me if you want. Blacklist my URL if you want. Hell, block me if you want. But anonymous hate is not an acceptable solution.
tl;dr - Take a deep breath. Kindly leave me alone, and if you want to send hate but don’t have the courage to show who you really are, then don’t send the message.
I’ll do Iron Man :D
- Favorite male character: Rhodey maybe ??
- Favorite female character: Pepper
- Favorite ship: Tony/Pepper
- Favorite friendship: Tony/Rhodey
- Favorite quote: “It’s an imperfect world, but it’s the only one we got.”
- Worst death: N/A, but the OMG IS JARVIS GONNA DIE???? stress was terrible.
- This-made-me-so-happy-you-have-no-idea moment: TONY AND RHODEY BEING BROS IN IRON MAN 3
- Saddest moment: JARVIS telling Tony that he (JARVIS) needs to sleep because I honest to God thought they were gonna kill JARVIS ;_;
- Favorite location: Tony’s New York apartment, probably? His LA house makes me nervous because it’s basically right over the water.
- Favorite male character: tie between Spock and Data
- Favorite female character: Uhura
- Favorite ship: Spock/McCoy
- Favorite friendship: Data and Geordi
- Favorite quote: I don’t think I have one.
- Worst death: I haven’t seen it, but I think Data dies in Star Trek Generations, and that is unforgivable if so.
- This-made-me-so-happy-you-have-no-idea moment: In “Amok Time” when Spock discovers that Kirk is alive and he goes “Captain … Jim! :D” and immediately puts on his poker face when he remembers that McCoy is in the room.
- Saddest moment: Spock’s death and funeral in The Wrath of Khan oh man that’s one of the saddest moments of any franchise
- Favorite location: The Enterprise, I guess, since I’m not too familiar with the planets they visit